- Jul 14, 2016
Type of Position: permanent (part time)
Start Date: 2017-10-02
Salary/Hourly Rate: $16.47/hr, 8 to 15 hours per week
Deadline to Apply
Internal candidates : 2017-09-11
All Candidates : 2017-09-19
End Date: Permanent
The Campaigns Assistant will inform and mobilize students on the annual campaign of the CSU and other CSU campaigns as seen in the CSU positions book*, under the supervision of the Campaigns Coordinator. They will achieve this through classroom announcements, postering, leafleting, tabling, social media outreach and by assisting in the organization of various campaigns events. They will be responsible for volunteer recruitment, training and coordination. The Campaigns Assistant may not be required to work on non-campaign events, such as the CSU orientation, or for the CSU services.
- Assisting the Campaigns Coordinator, and the External Affairs and Mobilization Coordinator to define and design the scope of a campaign, and develop a strategic plan for the annual as well as other CSU campaigns;
- Staying informed about the social political issues the CSU is campaigning on;
- Promoting the campaigns and campaigns related events of the CSU on the ground and by online means, under the direction of the Campaigns Coordinator;
- Recruiting, training and coordinating volunteers;
- Taking part in the organization of campaigns related events, including procurement, production of information materials, set-up and take-down of event installations;
- Developing collaborations and long-term partnerships with campus and off-campus organizations as required by the Campaigns department;
- Attending related meetings as required by campaigns department.
- Experience in the student movement, in the social and non-profit sector, or with social-issues based activism;
- Passionate and well-informed about current politics and social justice issues;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French (written and verbal)
- Ability to work well in teams and independently;
- Knowledge and ability to use social media tools including but not limited to: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram;
- Being registered as a full-time undergraduate student at Concordia;
- Internal candidates shall have preference according to the Collective Agreement.
Applications must include
- Cover letter and C.V;
- Fall 2017 class schedule.
How to Apply:
Email your CV, cover letter, and Fall 2017 class schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Campaigns Assistant 2017" by September 19th, 2017 at midnight. Incomplete application and application that do not follow these steps will not be considered. Interviews will take place on September 21st, and 22nd 2017.