Food Systems Special Project Funding
Who can apply? Ful and part-time Concordia undergraduate students can access the Food Systems SPF. Groups are eligible to apply for this grant if they
- are and intend to remain predominantly student-run, and
- are clearly focused on contributing to a sustainable food system at Concordia
Ideally, projects involve multiple partners - primarily organizations and individuals already working on campus.
What is the fund’s mandate?
The Food System SPF has been created to facilitate the growth of a student-run community food system on campus. The purpose of the Food System SPF is to replace student-run organizations' need to rely exclusively on third party loans. More specifically, the project must:
- Inform the community on food justice;
- Contribute to environmental, social, and economic sustainability;
- Be accessible to the Concordia university community; and,
- Focus on the well-being of students rather than the generation of financial profits.
Special consideration is given to projects that involve social inclusion costs. For more detailed information, please consult the Food System Special Project Funding Policy.
What expenses can/n’t you apply for? No limitations.
How much can you apply for? No set limit.
What is the application process? Applicants must submit their application using the Special Project Funding form and also notify the Sustainability Coordinator at email@example.com. Applicants must work closely with the Sustainability Coordinator at the CSU in developing a thorough application that adheres to the Student Space, Accessible Education & Legal Contingency Fund's by-laws. The Application must then be reviewed by the CSU Sustainability Coordinator, the Sustainability Committee and finally voted on by CSU council with a 2/3 majority vote in favour required for the project to be approved.
Application Deadline: There are two deadlines each academic year.
- In the fall semester, applications are due before the second Thursday of October.
- In the winter semester, applications are due before the second Thursday of February.